Last modified: Aug 9, 2022
Fish IP Law, LLP respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it. Read below about our practices. if you want to know more, or if you have any concerns about your privacy at Fish IP, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This website is not intended for children. If you are under 13 years old, please don’t use this website and do not provide any of your personal information. If you are a guardian and you are concerned about a child’s personal information, please contact email@example.com.
Changes to this Policy
This policy will be regularly updated. When the policy changes, we will not contact you directly, so please always check this page for the latest version.
Types of Data We Collect
- When you visit our website: we collect the visitor’s IP address and browser information in order to operate and improve our website.
- When you use our “ASK A QUESTION” form: we collect the data that you choose to share with us. Specifically, we will ask your name and email and we will collect the information you input in the “Question” section.
- When a client engages our legal services: we collect information that the client provides and any such information necessary for the representation of the client.
How We Collect and Use Your Data
- When you visit our website: we collect IP addresses and browser information through our web host and Google Analytics (see “Sharing your Data” below).
- When you inquire about our legal services:
- If you use our “ASK A QUESTION” form, your information goes to firstname.lastname@example.org and is forwarded to the competent employee.
- If you engage our legal services, our relationship will be governed by our engagement contract.
- If you do not engage us, your information will be kept for up to 60 days.
- When your information is disclosed to us by a client.
Why We Collect Your Data
- To respond to inquiries, including those by telephone, email, and our website;
- To provide legal services in accordance with our agreement with our clients, or to otherwise provide or discuss our legal services to/with you;
- To comply with our legal and ethical obligations;
- To operate, maintain and improve our website; and to understand the demographics of our Website visitors;
- To process payments from you to us;
- To verify and respond to consumer requests
Sharing Your Data
- We do not sell your data to any party.
- We do not share your data with any third party, except as detailed in the next section, unless required to do so
- by law or government agency,
- for advising and counseling our clients,
- for purposes of providing you with our legal services,
- for the purpose of defending or prosecuting legal claims, or
- for safekeeping and storing the information.
- The following services help us keep our website running by storing or processing your data on our behalf:
- Our web host and Google Analytics. Our hosting service has access logs allowing administrators to see the demographics of our website visitors. Logs are processed and archived every 24 hours, and the previous month’s logs are removed at the end of each month. The access logs contain IP addresses and browser information.
We Use Essential Cookies
Do Not Track (DNT) preference. We currently do not respond to DNT signals or other mechanisms that provide a choice regarding the collection of personal information about activities over time and across different web sites or online services.
Know Your Rights
- Unless prevented by our legal and ethical obligations, you have the right to
- Know what personal information about you we have collected, how we are using it and who has access to it;
- Correct your personal information;
- Be forgotten by us;
- Complain about us.
- How to exercise them
- Please contact email@example.com. Your request will be processed within 30 days.